Treble creeping sharp

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Apr 2 06:03:22 MDT 2007

Last week I pitch-raised a 7' Bosendorfer about 30 cents.
After the second pass, I checked the treble and it was anywhere
between 2 &4 c sharp.

This is a fairly new piano with an exposed pin block (tuned very nicely). I
attributed it to the fact that it had a cover with full length sides
(to the floor)
and that the piano was acclimating to it's exposure to the air. (no DC).

I experienced something similar to this a few years ago while preping for
a concert. The piano was brought it from a non-AC location to an AC'd
building. A quilted cover was on it. The piano had bee placed the day before.
But after emoving the cover and through the tuning, I noticed the shifting.
So I waited a bit (action maintenance) and resumed keeping my finger crossed.
I wasn't too worried, they were going to play something by Crumb.
--

Regards,

Jon Page