Treble creeping sharp

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 07:14:14 MDT 2007

Maybe this was one of the times when the Verituner chose to screw up.
:-)  When I was using mine, it happened 2-3 times where the whole
piano ended up being 4+ cents sharp.  The only thing I could determine
was that it accidentally set itself to a higher pitch than A440 for
the first pass.

But aside from that possibility, how much overpull did you use? Some
pianos react differently than the 33% overpull "standard." Maybe this
is one of those pianos.

I've heard others on the list mentioned individually tied strings
needing less overpull.

Doesn't it take longer for humidity to affect a tuning like that?
Temperature will cause the pitch to change quickly, but humidity takes
longer. Like days, not hours.

JF