CA glue questions

Rex Roseman rosemanpiano at netzero.net
Wed Apr 4 07:46:57 MDT 2007

Dear List

I have two questions regarding CA glue.

1. I seem to remember odorless CA glue being talked about on the list,
but I was not able to find a reference to a source. Does anyone know if
it actually exists and where it can be purchased?

I have a piano that needs a treatment on the tuning pins, but is in one
of the new houses in this area that are sealed for energy conservation.
Would the regular CA fumes cause a problem in a house where it may not
be possible to get much outside ventilation?

2. When using CA glue on the bridge, is it necessary to remove the
strings before applications? Does the CA have enough gap filling
property to fill small cracks and gaps, or does it just solidify the
area around the pin?

Thanks

Rex Roseman

Roseman Piano Tuning