SV: Re: Reverse Torque tuning pins & reverse crown

Aras aras6310 at yahoo.se
Fri Apr 6 04:44:16 MDT 2007

The thread is cut the other way around, so when you raise the tone the pin goes out and when you push the pin a little back to hit the pitch the pin goes in. The idea is that the pin should set better. It is a strange feeling when tuning.

Erwinspiano at aol.com skrev:        Hi David
   What you mean reverse torque pin ? Reverse crown boards  I know.  Reverse torque pins I do not. grin.
   Dale
 List(s)    -
Can anyone tell me about or direct me to information about reversed
torque tuning pins and the use of reverse crown soundboards?      Thanks

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY

 Dale Erwin--Piano Restorations
4721 Parker  rd