CA glue questions (on the bridge)

R Barber bassooner42 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 12:06:04 MDT 2007

You must remove the strings from the bridge-  if you don't, the glue
will mute the string at the termination point!   I treated a Lyon&Healy
baby grand bridge with thin CA glue- followed by 5 tunings.  Turned a
piece of junk the owner wanted to sell into something he wanted to keep.
The glue kept soaking into the cracks for about 7 applications.  Then I
left it to cure overnight without accelerator.  The bass strings can go
back on after a little clean-up.
It would be a good opportunity to replace bass strings.