SV: Re: Reverse Torque tuning pins & reverse crown

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Apr 6 12:31:08 MDT 2007

> Isn't this the "gimmick" that Yamaha used to use for the salesmen to
> demonstrate to their customers about the
> tuning stability? Put it in a handkerchief and turn it backwards?

I don't know about Yamaha, but it was certainly the gimmick
the competition used to suggest that these pins would chew up
the pinblock and the pins would be loose in short order.
Unfortunately, Yamaha had some problems with loose pins in the
early imports into this country, which lent credence to the
thing. Cut thread pins don't, in fact, chew up pinblocks.

BTW, remember the rolled thread pins APSCO used to sell, that
snapped and popped in the block no matter what you did? It's
Denro blued for me, but does anyone even sell other than cut
thread pins anymore?

Ron N