Regulating Key-Dip

mps at usol.com mps at usol.com
Sun Apr 8 18:27:36 MDT 2007

I have an old Hackley upright in which the hammers have probably
been shaped a couple of times. I have had no problems with the
regulation on the instrument.
However,  I think that I read someplace that the key-dip on this could
be adjusted as low as 1/2".
My question is if I do adjust the white keys to a 1/2" key dip, how
would I measure the black keys so that they also have the same
amount of dip?
Also, what are the deciding factors of exactly how deep to set this
key-dip?

Thank you

Mark D.
Montbriand