broken agraffe

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 08:21:24 MDT 2007

List,
I've got (well my customer has) a S&S M with a broken agraffe. My
attempt at drilling the stub out to get a small EZ-Out into it has
been rather ineffective. That brass is hard! What kind of bit do you
use for this job? And where do you purchase said bit (titanium?
diamond encrusted??)?
Working "in situ" in a church chapel I've been trying to do this free
hand with a 1/2" drill. I'm sure this is much less of a headache in a
shop with a drillpress but I was hoping to avoid moving etc. over one
darn agraffe ...
Thanks,
Patrick