Lubrication for Verticals

Giovanni Voltaggio gvpiano at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 10 14:48:38 MDT 2007

Greetings List -

There's a Petrof 115 that I work on, about 12 years old, and the
action is sluggish.  Repetition is bad, it feels like the friction
happens in the bottom of the keys, even in the upper section with no
dampers.  Regulation is good although maybe the capstans could be
backed down very slightly.  I don't think the action centers are tight.

I'm thinking I can clean the hammer butts and lubricate them and the
top of the jacks, I guess I can use a spray on teflon dry lube for that.

Next, I'll want to clean and shine the keypins.  Any ideas?

thanks,
Giovanni