Big piano "oops" story!

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Tue Apr 10 22:27:31 MDT 2007

Yeah but there will certainly be some cosmetic
damage. I've been working on getting a new music
deck support block that also happens to hold the
lid prop for a Seiler. Did you folks know that
it's made from some sort of a paper product? I
kid you not!! The top of the prop slid out of
it's socket and the lid fell on it ripping this
block literally in half! It certainly wasn't MDF
and it even more certainly wasn't wood. It sort
of looked like that brown hardboard stuff I use
for templates sometimes. The part cracked in half
revealing layers not at all unlike paper. Kind of
sad really and not just because I have to pay for it. I was quite surprised.

all the best,
Greg Newell

At 04:09 PM 4/10/2007, you wrote:
>The piano probably survived. I've seen worse
>falls and the piano took it in stride.
>--
>
>Regards,
>
>Jon Page