ok, i'm listening

John Cole johnspianotech at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:59:24 MDT 2007

Keep in mind I'm a newbie to this. I may ask a few newbie questions. Help me
understand something. You say the hammers hitting the adjacent note's left
string in the shifted position means the action is shifting too far to the
right and needs shimmed or the stop screw needs adjusting. There is on this
piano a flat top phillips head screw in the right cheek block that looks to
be what stops the action from going too far. I get that much. What I don't
get is why...The hammer problem only happened with those two notes (G4 &
G#4). I would figure that if it is an action shift problem, I should have
this hammer swing problem throughout the whole action.
Now, as to the damper problem, it is only with two keys--G#4 and C6. When
you play G4 and B6 everything works normal. The problem is that G#4 lifts
the G4 & G#4 dampers and C6 lifts the B6 and C6 dampers. Thanks for the idea
about re inserting the action without the stack. I didn't try that because I
didn't think the keys would be able to teeter correctly without the weight
on the back end--at least I know I could not play the keys normally without
the stack when I had the action out of the piano. Thanks for the replies so
far.
John