broken agraffe

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Tue Apr 10 17:58:13 MDT 2007

broken agraffeThis works pretty well generally, but there are three or four other things you can do to ease the situation. First tap the stem of the agraffe from the top down, then from the top up to free the threads. Next, put a drop of Protek on the stem and let is work its way down. Then, if all else fails, use a can of some commercial aerosol dust remover with the straw tip and blast the agraffe and surrounding area of plate with the very cold air which may cause enough differential thermal expansion to loosen up the stem. Try the fishtail at each step. Finally, if necessary, drill the sucker out! I haven't had to drill one out in years.

Paul

"If you want to know the truth, stop having opinions" (Chinese fortune cookie)