ok I'm Listening

Jessica Masse ebonyandivory at on.aibn.com
Thu Apr 12 13:12:26 MDT 2007

John,
I've run into this underlever thing before more than once and it could
be either way.   To the right if it's dirt or to the left if its wear.
If I were you I would make sure that the keybed was clean and that there
was nothing stopping the key frame from sliding to its ends both ways. I
am thinking that in this case the felt at the left end of the key bed is
compressed and the key frame returns too far to the left.  Try card
stock (different thicknesses) till the problem is eliminated.  Then make
sure you haven't created any further problems with the underlevers.  You
may have to adjust some hammers.  If it is from wear and no body's
changed things then things will fall back in order hopefully?

Jessica Masse RPT