What's the psychology of this?

Dave Davis dave at davispiano.com
Fri Apr 13 19:17:10 MDT 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Giovanni Voltaggio gvpiano at sbcglobal.net

I'd say the "no show" people figure the dealer is paying so they won't be held responsible for any charges.  Also, when a customer makes a service appointment they want it.  By way of contrast, if the dealer provides a "free" tuning with a new piano they are more likely to take it for granted.

I totally agree. About a year ago, I started telling Warranty Tuning customers that I was calling to schedule the tuning they paid for when they bought the piano. So far, all have been home when I arrive. Oh, and I always, always call them the night before or the morning of, to remind them. :-)

Dave Davis, RPT