noisy Schimmel action

marcel carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Sat Apr 14 05:19:15 MDT 2007

Hello Richard,

With the action out of the piano check the following:

Is there travec of backcheck leather on the hammer felt? When you gently
tap down on the hammers at rest, does that reproduce the wooden noise?.
It could be that the hammers are tapping on the backchecks on return.
Sometimes by just raising the hammer line you could get rid of the
noise, sometimes not. If anyone has a cure for this situation, I'd be
interested in knowing.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC