Bridge pins and epoxy

afinador afinador at ig.com.br
Sat Apr 14 17:14:37 MDT 2007

Dear Technicians
In the Brazil now we have only started Here to use the resin epoxy in the
restoration of pianos. Here we find it in the adhesive form (24 hours of
drying) and in the form of a cinereous mass (that sincerely not in service
still for nothing). In mine workshop we have used in a infinity of
circumstances. Yesterday, when examining an example of available North
American budget in the Internet, I frightened myself with a newness: I
understood that when substituting BRIDGE PINS, can be used epoxy to help to
firm in the old holes. This would be a wonderful solution, therefore
whenever we carry through an average text restoration of depth and in we
come across them with bridges good, but with pins old and dirty, we want to
improve in look. They see that I do not mention to the repair made in
bridges craks with epoxy.
I thank the attention.
Motta
Brazilian Piano Restorer