New board with cut-off for Steinway XR

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Apr 15 06:54:21 MDT 2007

New board with cut-off for Steinway XRLooks like some nice work you're doing on that piano Ron. Of course, the customer is the boss regarding cosmetic issues - but I like the approach to the panel/cut-off you took on the Overs piano you brought to Rochester where you had the separate insert for the upper bass dead area.

I used a similar approach (as I do on all the redesigns I do) on a recent piano. My end result is quite functional and nice looking, if not as cosmetically elegant as your Rochester piano - I guess your XR client wouldn't think too much of this approach. Personally, I like to show off the modifications.