S&C metric agraffes

Don A. Gilmore eromlignod at kc.rr.com
Sat Apr 14 10:36:46 MDT 2007

Hello:

I have a Story & Clark grand with a broken agraffe.  Unfortunately the shank of these agraffes has a bizarre, metric thread.  I have determined that it is an M7 x .75 and have even found a source for the tap.  But I can't find a source for the agraffes.  Most of the standard replacement agraffes you see from piano tech supply houses are either 7/32-36 UNS or 1/4-36 UNS threaded.

Could any of you direct me to where I might find these metric agraffes?  Thanks.

Don