Front Rail Bushings

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Sun Apr 15 20:56:27 MDT 2007

David, and Israel (thank, Israel for the Spurlock language):

We've been using the sizing cauls since they first appeared even though we don't use the Spurlock method of felt replacement. The sizing cauls do a terrific job of creating a stable dimension with which to work. They are inserted when the wood is moist, and there may be minor fiber movement, but I doubt that there is "crushing". When the wood dries, the mortise is consistent and stable.

Paul

"If you want to know the truth, stop having opinions" (Chinese fortune cookie)