Baldwin SD10 B Rake

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 11:41:53 MDT 2007

List,

I have been analyzing the action on a Baldwin  SD10 B
getting ready to  rebuild it and  found that the tenor
and treble hammers (factory) are all hung at 88 1/2
degrees rake- understriking.  The bass hammers are
hung at 90 degrees rake. Both of these produce level
shanks upon string contact (once I figured in some
hammer wear.)

Have you seen this on concert Baldwins?  I am hanging
a couple of samples today at 90 degrees and  trying to
regulate the samples. Of course I increased the bore
distance to do that. I'm not loving the regulation
yet.

Bob Hull