car mileage

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 18 08:47:01 MDT 2007

Joel,

Several in our chapter, including me, are driving Toyota Matrix /
Pontiac Vibe.  Everything folds down except the driver's bucket seat,
plenty of room for an action and a bunch of tools.  I'm averaging 33mpg,
and no unplanned maintenance expense in 4 years / 80k miles.  The Toyota
and Pontiac are functionally identical, but you can choose between two
different approaches to price/features/quality.

Mike