car mileage

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 21:01:46 MDT 2007

I will need to replace my Honda Accord in 2-3 years. It only has
250,000 miles on it, and if it keeps going after 300K, I'll keep going
in it. :-)

But, I am seriously thinking about the Honda Ridgeline. Pros are great
storage space - there's a neat storage well under the rear of the bed.
(It's like a small trunk, and it has a seal. Most of my tools and
supplies would fit in there.) The bed would do for action transport
and the occasional tilter use. It has a pretty powerful V6 if you ever
needed to do some towing (5,000 lb towing). Four doors for family
needs, and the truck bed for those few times I need a truck.

Cons are the gas mileage...it's only about 19 City and 25 Hwy (at
best). My 4-cyl Accord gets about 28-30. I can fit everything in it,
but to transport an action I have to do a lot of rearranging.

Sure would be nice to know if gas was going way up...and when.

JF