rocker capstans, anyone?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Apr 18 04:22:45 MDT 2007

Tom Sivak wrote:
> List
>
> I have a hard time throwing anything out.  I have two sets of rocker
> capstans that I will never use.  They are both incomplete, in that a
> couple were broken on each piano I removed them from, so there are
> probably about 80 to 85 in each set.  I've kept them altogether in a
> box; they are not identical, but very close.
>
> Any restorers out there who demand absolute authenticity and need some
> rockers?
>
> Tom Sivak
> Chicago

I feel your pain, Tom.  I've got capstans, double damper flanges and
even some wippens from my first victim, er...ah... learning experience
(1880 Gilbert) that I've been schlepping around for more than 30 years.
I _know_ I'll need them _sometime_.
;-}

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.