Plate bolts/screws

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Apr 21 18:38:30 MDT 2007

"My questions are why would they be like this..."

Stripped, as you suggested. Are you asking why would they be stripped? I think that answer falls under the category of "mistakes are made and defects happen".

"...and is there any way to repair them."

Sure. Best way is to plug (not dowel) and redrill - or better yet, plug, tap and install a machine screw. I highly recommend plugging with hard maple or a harder wood. The less than perfect way (although it might work just fine) would be to spread some thick CA glue on a few hardwood shims and jam them down in the hole and then spray some accelerator on the screw and sink the screw in.

Terry Farrell