Bolduc grand removal blade

Horace Greeley hgreeley at stanford.edu
Sat Apr 21 23:58:47 MDT 2007

At 12:24 PM 4/21/2007, you wrote:
>I purchased one of these recently.  Comes without any instruction, warnings,
>or anything else except it's printed on the blade not to exceed 16000 RPM.
>
>While I wait for Bolduc/Pianotek to reply to my queries let me offer a
>couple of questions.
>
>1.  What is the optimum RPM?

That may depend in part on the power of your router.

>2.  Will this work on soft start?

It should...with care.

>3.  Who makes a good variable speed router that gets slow enough?

Mike uses a Bosch, mine is a Porter-Cable, (which roughly equivalent,
but seems to prefer slightly lower RPM than my old Hitachi for most work).

>4.  Can you use a separate variable speed control unit?

Perhaps...I've never tried doing so and would be interested in your
experiences if you do.

>5.  Any other tips or suggestions (I won't hold you liable)?

As Mike notes, the first time you use it will take several years off
your life.  After that, it's like any other tool requiring
practice.  I think you'll enjoy using it.

Best.

Horace