Enlivening bass strings

John Dutton duttonjw at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 19:05:29 MDT 2007

Like Duaine I have had success with this same method except that I only
remove the string from the bottom hitch.  I generally try to keep the loop
in the 6-8" diameter range.  This process is described also in Reblitz 2nd
edition on page 116.  After I do this I try to give a twist or two in the
direction of the windings prior to reattaching to the hitch pin.

John Dutton
Billings, MT