Enlivening bass strings

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 08:42:00 MDT 2007

John, Duane, did you ever take a photography of that? I can´t figure out
that. could you mail a photo?

The other day we discussed that topic too on this list. I said I heard about
cleaning the strings by cooking them in hot water or using denture cleaning
sparkling tablets. A collegue (I think from Australia) replied he did that
boiling version and it worked fine, but he didn´t provide details. So I ask
again: anyone who can describe the boiling procedure? How long, how
hot.....?

Gregor