looking for a toooooner

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 16:24:35 MDT 2007

"The snap-on Vagias elbows are a piece of cake. ...squeeze the remains in the wippen with pliers to crush it into bits..."

Yeah, well, when you get around to squeezing the remains and snap off the side of your first Betsy Ross spinet wippen...... Well, let's just say "piece of cake" are not the first words that will likely rush to your head!

Seriously though, be careful. It is easy to do an elbow job, but it is also easy to break one of those wippens. The biggest risk is when the old plastic elbow is still a bit rubbery and doesn't crunch out - so you end up struggling with it a bit and... and... and then "CRACK!"

If you are in someone else's home, try to keep those first thoughts to yourself.  :-)

Terry Farrell