curved church floors

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Apr 23 21:16:19 MDT 2007

Jessica,
	I'm confused. Why would the piano flex on three legs? You mentioned
"impossible to tune ". My question is why? If the tuning is unstable I would
look toward other reasons. Loose tuning pins, Bad scaling (GH1 comes to
mind) Shifting pinblock etc . I'm all for level floors, but only to keep the
Starbucks from falling off.
	Tom Driscoll RPT

Subject: curved church floors

Hi,
I have this notion that regardless of the piano being a grand or upright
that in these old churches with curved or bowled floors the piano is in
constant flex.  <BIG SNIP>

.   My feeling is that
no piano can take this kind of twisting and flexing and stay tuned.

Anybody have any ideas.

Jessica Masse