Questions

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Tue Apr 24 15:26:26 MDT 2007

How white the hammers look!

I  used to tune a rather similar piano for a retired schoolteacher.  It
wasn't her main piano - that was a small modern upright.  I gave a decent
reduction because of doing the two in the same house, and the fact that the
little one was all bichords in the treble, as well as the reduced compass.

Another odd small piano I came across had the tuning pins protruding from
the BACK of the pin block. You had to lean over the top to tune each note.
Very awkward. I wish I had pictures of it, but I didn't know what it was
going to be like, and had no camera in the cas at the time.

David.