Kansas City

Allan Gilreath, RPT allan at allangilreath.com
Tue Apr 24 16:36:20 MDT 2007

Good evening David and everyone,

First, I apologize to the list for making a non-technical post. I still tend
to lean toward the habits from the early days of the list so I hope you
folks will forgive the response. I'll keep anything else to the PTG-L list.

With a thriving business, there are only so many messages that I can answer
in a day. In addition to pressing a soundboard, making final fitting on a
multi-level pinblock, starting a new intern, dealing with a warranty issue
for a manufacturer and the other normal parts of running a business, I
answered a query about the application of anti-trust statutes, finished
editing a short journal article and helped one of the Regional Conferences
deal with a crisis where they're having to negotiate a new hotel contract
since the hotel cancelled on them. Now I'm not complaining, but I'm going to
finish this reply and then go spend some time with my family.

I understand that Jurgen is going to be sharing a booth space with Kawai so
he's going to be in the Hall. We've already arranged to move several
exhibitors, who have easily securable exhibits (non-tools) to the lobby to
make more room.  The email announcing the availability of booths was sent
out on January 11 to those exhibitors who were in either Rochester in 2006
or KC in 2005.

When we were last in KC, there was a strong, yet polite, request from a
number of Exhibitors to have the Exhibit Hall in a more accessible area than
the location for that year.  The decision to move to a different room was
certainly not easy and not unanimous. In doing so, the intent was to do our
best to look out for the exhibitors and the attendees by trying to provide
an easily accessible, highly attended showing for the wares.

There were a number of exhibitors in Rochester, including the other tool
sellers who were in attendance, who really liked the layout and the
continued efforts to raise participation in the exhibit hall.

David, I'm personally sorry that you feel underserved by people who are
volunteering their time and talents to work toward the betterment of our
trade. I appreciate the efforts that you, and so many others, put into
making PTG a better organization. I can honestly say that there is never,
consciously or otherwise, any intent to be passive-aggressive or to alienate
anyone. If anything, just the opposite is true and I would love to have an
opportunity to sit down together while we're in Kansas City and, if Council
wants me to continue my efforts to serve the organization, help find some
ways that we can better accomplish these mutual goals.

Respectfully

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT