Curved Church Floors.

Jessica Masse ebonyandivory at on.aibn.com
Tue Apr 24 19:15:22 MDT 2007

Hi everyone,
I have been tuning in this church for over fifteen years.  They had a
cheap small grand piano now have a newer C7 Yamaha on a grand truck.
The piano tuned up fine on the flat stage.  Now it is on the grand truck
on the curved floor.  I had trouble tuning the low treble through to the
high treble with no pitch change.  Maybe I'm imagining it but the piano
feels and tunes differently on the curved floor.  I never was able to
feel like I could tune the small cheap grand. Could have been the floor
or the piano I new I could only get it sooo good anyway.  Is it possible
for the truck to flex the legs in and out on this kind of floor, causing
the rim to flex?

Jessica Masse
RPT