Bolduc hybrid pinblock

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Apr 25 21:12:35 MDT 2007

> Anyone seen the new Bolduc "hybrid" pinblock?

Interesting. I wonder what the logical justification is for
the configuration.

> (runs on bio-diesel?)

Quite possible.

>> From the photo, looks similar in some ways to what Ron N. and others are
> trying to acheive, by laminating a top layer of Delignit (or similar) onto
> standard pinblock stock.
>
> Mark Cramer,

Not even close. I don't see anything positive about denser
layers anywhere but at the top of the block. Put one in the
middle, and it's not substantially different from an overall
uniformly denser block. The density difference between the top
layer and the rest of the block, and that alone, is what makes
the Delignit/multilam maple block work so well.

Ron N