Shift lever for Mason BB

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 25 21:52:48 MDT 2007

Hi,Tom and Baoli!  A few years ago I had to deal with a situation when
Mason-Hamlin  aa made in the 1930-th was dropped on it's underside and all
trap levers were brocken in many pieces..No welding could help..3 lawers
were already on this case..Bouncing between Mason and Hamlin,all our
suppliers didn't help..Thanx to Paul Monaccino,he gave  me the contact to
Ramsey people..Thay have original castings saved from 1930-th's.In 2 weeks I
had received the whole assembly and it worked like a charm.All you had to do
is supply them with 4-digit numbers stamped on each lever,that's
crucial.Since that occurance,I had to use their services a few more times
getting absolete parts for older pianos....Ramsey's manager Mr.Hart is the
most helpful gentleman..Any pedal levers and a lot of piano hardware is made
by Ramsey's for the whole USA piano industry. I wish Ramsey representative
can be invited to teach a class about their manufacturing  for future
Convention.They presented wonderful class about 20 years ago.. I hope,this
information will help you and other techs for the future..

 See you in Kansas     Isaac Sadigursky, RPT

  _____