Gross things in pianos

GEKallberg at aol.com GEKallberg at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 23:49:02 MDT 2007

This reminds me of a client I visited some years ago here In San Diego. The
Steinway M had not been tuned in a while and when I opened the lid I was
greeted with the strong odor of urine and feces.  In southern CA., it's not uncommon
for people to leave their doors open and in this case, a tree rat had taken
up residence in the piano. The board was covered in urine and feces. Then I
noticed something in the action cavity above the dampers -- something green. Upon
pulling the action I found a large collection of Ficus leaves that made a
very nice nest. However, the leaves were still green -- and then in looking
across the room I saw a silk Ficus tree. The rat had defoliated the silk tree to
make the nest. I asked the client if she had not noticed that her fake tree was
getting smaller and smaller? I did not retain this person as a client.

Earl Kallberg<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>