Getting the plate out (safely)

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Apr 27 04:41:17 MDT 2007

I did a similar thing to what Conrad did. I shortened the pull chain, but instead of welding I simply used one of those master-type chain links from the hardware store that have the little screw-sleave that secures the link. It works just fine. My load chain was short enough - I only shortened the pull chain - I only have an 8-foot ceiling in my shop. But all chains stay above the plate - so no worries mate!

Terry Farrell