Getting the plate out (safely)

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Fri Apr 27 05:46:14 MDT 2007

Hi All.

Thanks for all the suggestions regarding this subject.

As far as the 'rating' on the rope hoist, it is a very
conservative rating. I have lifted more than a few grands,
and a few uprights in the old shop with this rope hoist
without a problem. All of these instruments were in excess
of 500lbs. Also, I have never had a bad experience with any
herky-jerky motions that have been suggested using this
type of lift.

My concern now is making sure I don't bring down the house
in the name of a new pinblock!

-Phil Bondi(Fl)