Baldwin with no casters cant attatch lyre

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Fri Apr 27 15:26:03 MDT 2007

I purchased two automobile scissor jacks, at an auto junk yard.
I have used them to put a grand on a truck. I removed one leg at a time, and removed the caster.
I had made a couple of sturdy boxes, as base. Actually 4x4's, and a padded 2x6 below the piano, when I raised the back leg.
I was alone, and I don't recollect, having a problem.
If you are putting it on a truck, be sure to block up to the height of the other wheels, as you don't want it to raise, at the end you are jacking.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca