Bolduc hybrid pinblock

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Apr 28 04:23:31 MDT 2007

Look no further Dale, Mark and others. Exactly what you are looking for is already available to all rebuilders - and more. There is this custom shop in Florida that will laminate any thickness Delignit cap you want onto any thickness Pianotek Multilam (or any other commercially available pinblock - also available is custom handmade quarter-sawn hard maple blocks with a Delignit cap).

Talk about custom, heck a couple months ago that custom shop even made up a block for a guy that had one of those old Kimballs with the elevated bass section - they put a thicker layer of Delignit in the bass only to make up the elevation difference. This shop will send you a rough capped block or custom duplicated - single or double. They even make up custom blocks with custom veneers for open-face pinblocks.

Here is a picture of a hand-made quarter-sawn hard-maple block with a thick Delignit cap.

Below is a picture of a standard multilam block with a thin Delignit cap.

Below is a standard multilam block with a Delignit cap and a custom thick hand-cut veneer of Brazilian Jatoba.

Go to: http://www.farrellpiano.com/belly.htm and take a look.

Terry Farrell