Bolduc hybrid pinblock

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Apr 27 21:22:39 MDT 2007

All
  I got the idea of adding Delgnit bridge cap  material as a top covering on
my pin blocks from Ron N & Yamaha blocks  & luved it. So 2 or 4 months ago  I
asked  Bob Marinelli at  Piano tech to get Andre to make this new type block
as a Bolduc alternative  to the more expensive Bolduc blocks,which are
beautiful but  not  feasable for many econo type jobs. I didn't expect this so soon
but here it is.  Must have been in the works already.
  This isn't zzzzactly what I had in mind but it's along  those lines.
Haven't used one yet.  I wish he had not put the thin  layers in the middle of the
block.
    I have used several of the the Burkel blocks  which looks similar & it
has 3 ....10 mm laminations of flat sawn  maple, capped with the rotary cut thin
top cap pieces.  This is also a very  nice feeling block & a double panel is
$389.00. The new Bolduc block is  approx $400.00
  That's all I know
  Dale

Anyone seen the new Bolduc "hybrid" pinblock?

(runs on  bio-diesel?)

> From the photo, looks similar in some ways to what Ron  N. and
> others are
trying to acheive, by laminating a top layer  of Delignit (or similar)
onto
standard pinblock stock.

Mark  Cramer,
Brandon University