A trip to Ronsen Hammer

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Apr 28 07:08:15 MDT 2007

Beautiful, David
    Also the choice of light weight maple,  Sapele (mahogany) or hard maple
moldings gives us more  weight  choices.  Interestingly Ray & I have talked
about one hammer doesn't  fit all & he gets that.  He is quite clear  about
other  makes hammers work better in some systems.
   That being said it's amazing to me how many pianos  his various types of
hammers work
 really well in.
 We are fortunate to have him  as an ally in the  technical community.
 I bought & reserved a sheet of Gorgeous 18 lb Bacon  felt while I was there.
Beautiful stuff.
 I know I'm a wild man
  Dale

For those who don’t  believe in a “one hammer fits all” philosophy (I
include myself in that  group), Ronsen is the only hammer producer that I am aware
of who is making  hammers with significant variable weights and densities.
Between the  Bacon, Wurzen and now the recent venture into the low density Wurzen
(which  offers a nice middle ground) you can be assured of finding a hammer
which  satisfies your custom needs based on the requirements dictated by
different  string scales and matching soundboard design and/or condition.  Bravo  to
Ray for being an open ear to technicians who have long sought for this type
of custom hammer production!

David  Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com