Data logger

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sun Apr 29 11:22:18 MDT 2007

A good point, Mike, but it's actually more like $20-$25 per unit. Consider
that if I can get the materials for less than $10, what could DC get them
for? Probably around $5. This puts the markup to us at around 700%. I feel a
little gouged by that price. It makes me wonder how much they are gouging on
the rest of their stuff, which it seems lately has gone through the roof.

Remembering complete system prices used to be around $130 I priced a
replacement humidistat and tank on a grand for $200. When I ordered the
replacement I was very surprised to learn my cost was about $175- just for
the tank and humidistat.

I'm not sure when DC's patent rights expire, but when they do I suspect
there will be some Asian knock offs for a whole lot less money. I love DC
systems and have actively promoted them for many years. I and also
appreciate the high level of technical support provided on the rare times I
needed it. But brand loyalty will only take me so far when it comes to
providing my customers with I feel is the best value for their money.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802