CA on doped pin blocks

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 07:36:28 MDT 2007

Hi David
  The Archives are full, & I mean  full of this discussion already.  Check it
 out  &  if that question isn't answered I'd be surprised. What type derelict
piano are  you up against?
  Regards
  Dale

I apologize if this was already discussed. In the posts a while back  on
using CA glue to tighten pin blocks did anyone discuss using it on  pin
blocks previously treated with so-called pin block restorer?

Can  you shim pins that have already been doped? Just wondering if the
restorer  (or the CA, for that matter) make shimming more likely to open
cracks you  can't readily see.

Thanks - this forum is really helpful to us  less-experienced techs.

David Haynes