Piano Training Question

Roe Michaud jckrssllterrier at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 17:24:57 MDT 2007

Matthew,
      I took the course 05-06 and graduated with Highest honors. I took the tuning exams in Bozeman Montana with Randy at the Hands on training. Make sure when you email Randy that you put your student id number in the subject as the course tells you to. Randy receives hundreds or thousands of emails a day. You can phone him also. Whenever I phone him he picks up and I can speak to him about any issue I have. His course has changed my life. I have a degree in Music and BA in music ed. I have been a music teacher for 20 yrs. I love my work as a technician. Today I tuned a Steinway L and touched up the regulation (the piano had been played by Previn and Bernstein!!) , after lunch I tuned a Yamaha GH1 grand in a restaurant and sold them an annual service contract. (Randy's idea) Then on my way home I bought a nice Kohler & Campbell Console for $300. I have a buyer already for $1100.   Let's see I made over $600 today for 4 hours work......I'd say Randy's course is worth doing
 and Randy is a wealth of knowledge in the field. I average between $800 - 1200 month on the side working 3-4 hours a week. It didn't happen overnight and having a reputation in my area as a pianist and teacher helped but it can be done. Call Randy and join your PTG chapter. Seroe Michaud www.michaudspiano.com

Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Since we are on the subject of the Potter course, can someone please tell me they have had better luck with him than I have.

  I really have an honest desire to learn this trade, and I need to at least finish this course before I can think about getting apprenticed, but it seems that response time has been an issue of the school.  In fact, I have been waiting for my video tape to be returned to me containing tuning critiques and it has been three years.  That is where I have left off.

  I want to give this another chance, and I just want to start from the beginning, and I have e-mailed Randy several times to ask about starting over, but I have not gotten a response.

  What to do?

  Matthew

Doug Renz <doug at dougrenz.com> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                  I am trying to sell my Randy Potter course for more than +20% off the retail, if anyone is interested, please email me privately at doug at dougrenz.com to discuss and make an offer.

  I would like to not break it up in part, but sell it as a whole to someone who is desiring to learn the trade. I highly recommend the course also.

Thanks, Doug