Wood and Brooks direct blow action

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue Aug 7 04:22:10 MDT 2007

Ron Boyd wrote:
> Thanks Conrad. I have the Reblitz book and as you said, it shows a
> picture of it. What I would like is to get some information on how to
> regulate the action. I guess there aren't a lot of them around. It is
> almost like a grand action in many ways. I was surprised that when I
> pulled the action, the dampers were not part of it but seperate. It was
> very easy to lift it out and re-install it as all I had to do was to
> drop it straight down without having to tilt it. I'm surprised that Wood
> and Brooks didn't perfect on it...........................Ron Boyd

One of my mentors had an expression, "Make it work." i.e. take a couple
of sample notes and play with the regulation until it plays the best it
can, then duplicate 86 times...

Somebody on the list may have more definitive numbers for reg. specs,
but the above has worked for me for ~30 years.

W&B probably would have developed it more if more mfgrs had bought it. I
suspect that it was more expensive than the bean counters liked.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer