What to tell clients

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 18:59:05 MDT 2007

I like that.  That's good. I've been saying, "Well, it wasn't just
horrible, but it did need tuning."

I'll probably adopt your line.

Has anyone had success with educating their clients as to what an out
of tune unison sounds like?  Seems like that would be good. I did that
recently, and hopefully the owner will notice how often the piano
really is out of tune.  It didn't take more than a minute to show the
difference. (Using the "meow" sound of detuned unison.) It helped that
she had some concerns about voicing, though...she was inquisitive to
start with.

JF