Stringing Faux Pas or Not Taught Anymore?

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 12:07:33 MDT 2007

    To be blunt, diet affects the corrosiveness of
your sweat, greatly. Animal flesh contains
sulfur-heavy  amino acids, which create a  much more
acidic
( sulfuric acid ) sweat, conducive to corrosion.
( And osteoporosis, arthritis, etc.. )  Excess salt,
obviously, also contributes.
     As a  vegetarian who washes his hands very
frequently, I have no problem with string corrosion,
but use the cornstarch, anyway. In situations where
gloves are acceptable, I usually use the vinyl type,
as they are easier to get on and off than the latex.
Next up in terms of "toughness": cheap knit cotton
( the brown type ).
     Peace,

--- Michael Magness <IFixPianos at yahoo.com> wrote