tuning anomaly

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:06:25 MDT 2007

You probably need to CA the casters.  It'll fix it so G#5-C6 won't go
so flat again.

Weird about the other pitch issues.

Around here, it's been much drier than normal.  The pianos aren't
going out of tune nearly as much as usual, even for those that were
tuned in January.  For instance, one that I last tuned in January at
28% RH was today about 4-6 cents flat.  It was several degrees warmer
-- about 79º, which would account for some of the flatness.  But it
normally would have been sharp...at least in the tenor if no where
else.  But it was pretty uniformly flat, except the high treble was
roughly where it needed to be.

I've been wondering if my hygrometer was going bad, but the pianos
agree with it.

JF