rust

Christopher R Rawson rpsvt at juno.com
Wed Aug 29 14:42:09 MDT 2007

Hi Noah,
Some technicians here in Vermont really like Flitz metal polish available
from Pianotek, I have seen capstans polished with it, leaving a mirror
like finish.  -If it is really bad, you may have to change the pins,
after you consider the time it would take to buff the existing pins
properly.  It all comes down to what it's worth to your client- almost
regardless of the piano's actual market value.  When I adjust or rebuild
an action, I want it to be:
*Comfortable,
*Controllable,
*Reliable
Rust on the pins will affect all three of these things.

Respectfully,
Chris Rawson,CPT,RPT,
www.key-leveling.com