OT: Vista pricing

paul bruesch tunergeek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 07:33:39 MST 2007

Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?

Well, as is typically the case, it is. Linux is not for the faint of heart,
and it's not for persons who are heavily invested in Windows software. I run
SUSE Linux on an experimental web server. It's much nicer than my
recollections of HP-UX in the old days (previous life incarnation), but I
have no plans to migrate to any Linux desktop any time soon.

If all you use your computer for is email, surfing the net, a document or
spreadsheet, and perhaps an occasional game, then Linux is not necessarily a
bad choice... IF you have a family member or friend to keep it up-to-date,
or if you're a better nerd than I, then go for it. Otherwise, it's best left
to the geeks that it's intended for.

Linux is NOT Windows. It is not a Windows replacement. It is a different
beast, and it can be quite the beast.